Here are some movies that are the third of three in its series:
- Back to the Future Part III: C+ A decent film, but not nearly as good as the first two. Though the plot picks up right from the end of BTTF2, it seems like a completely disconnected storyline.
- Naked Gun 33⅓: The Final Insult: A- Leslie Neilsen could keep pumping this stuff out until he is 110 at the same quality.
- Look Who's Talking Now: D The two original movies were different from all those stupid talking animal movies because it featured talking babies After running out of material for that gag through two movies, they apparently decided to fall back on the standard talking animals.
- The Matrix Revolutions: B- The original Matrix was a truly great movie and left us wanting more. Sometimes it's best if that's the end of the story. The plot did get to play its One/Jesus analogy out in this final film, but after this one, we weren't wanting more.
- The NeverEnding Story III: B- There's a little more leniency with children's movies. (After all, they've made twelve The Land Before Time videos!) You could probably keep telling stories from this fantasy universe for decades to come . . . but just because you can, doesn't mean you should.
Please feel free to leave a comment. What do you agree or disagree with, and why?