For Black Friday, I didn't sleep at all that morning, but since I had decided not to spend a shocking amount of money, I didn't spend all day in line, either.
Here's the rundown on my stops. I won't go into detail about what I bought, as I have already mentioned that I didn't go for any outrageously good deals this year.
- Thanksgiving night: Purchased one item on Amazon.com and one item on BestBuy.com.
- 1:00 – 3:00: Researched all stores in the area one last time. Printed a shopping list. Printed a list of stores nearby and sorted them by opening times. Created a plan for which stores to visit in which order.
- 3:00: Showered and packed.
- 4:00: Left the house.
- 4:30: Arrived at Toys R Us in preparation for the 5:00 opening.
- 4:59: Toys R Us doors opened.
- 5:17: Left Toys R Us with our two items.
- 5:19: Drove by Wal-Mart and found the parking lot completely full. Kept driving.
- 5:20: Arrived at Target in preparation for the 6:00 opening.
- 5:55: Left my wife in line as police blocked out the line skippers.
- 5:58: Arrived at RadioShack on foot.
- 6:00: RadioShack and Target doors opened.
- 6:00: Searched RadioShack for a cheap, unwanted tripod. Waited for sales assistants who seemed to consistently ask people next to me if they needed help before wandering far away to help them.
- 6:14: Finally told that tripods were "probably over there in the small camera section" that I had already looked in.
- 6:17: Found another man looking for the same item, but he gave up and checked out with his dozen other items.
- 6:25: My wife left Target with our two items.
- 6:30: Finally caught a RS associate who informed me that they had 0 of that item. Left RadioShack.
- 6:35: Arrived at second RadioShack. Immediately asked if I needed help and shown the tripods, though the associate had no idea which tripod was the one on sale. Luckily, I knew.
- 6:45: Left RadioShack with two items (including a $7 impulse buy.)
- 6:55: Arrived at K-Mart for intended clothing purchases.
- 7:39: Left K-Mart with various clothing items.
- 7:47: Arrived at BJ's Wholesale Club.
- 8:28: Left BJ's Wholesale Club with various items.
- 8:30: Called it a Black Friday and headed home.
- Saturday: Purchased an item from CompUSA.com.
So, that sums up the morning on Black Friday 2006. Did anyone else have anything more exciting happen to them?